- Stop the novanet service on the Current NovaNet Master service.
- Install NovaNET on the new master server.
- Make selections to create a new database and give it the same name as the previous database storage name.
- Delete all files from the new database folder.
- Copy all files from the old master server database folder to new database folder and start service.
- Re-install NovaNET on old database server and select to join the new database server, if you want to backup this system as a client.
This will allow the migration of the master server successfully to another system. Please remember to always have multiple backups of the database or catalogs for safe keeping.
On Client Computers open NNCFG.INI located in Config folder and change the IP Address to the new Master Server Location in the [configuration] section, line DatabaseServerAddress.