Best Practices for Setting up a Backup Policy with RetentionThe best practice that is recommended to end users would be to set up there backup policies based on the following diagram:
- Set up a Full file level backup job to run every two weeks with the overwrite mode.
- Set up an Differential/ Incremental job to run daily between Full backups.
- Set up your Backup Retention Policy to run for your differences weekly.
- The diagram below shows best practice for creating two full backup jobs with overwrite write mode.
- Setting up differences to run every two weeks with append to media write mode.
- The jobs are scheduled to run every two weeks with a retention policy to maintain 12 differences.
Full Backup Job:
Please refer to the following link for Best Practices Full Backup:
Please refer to the following link for Best Practices Differences:
Please refer to the following link for Best Practices Retention: