Best Practices Differences
Best Practices Cont.
- Create your new job by opening NovaBACKUP and going to the Backup tab.
- Choose the New Job Icon (Blank Paper icon) to clear all previous settings.
- Create the job name and destination based on the screenshot below.
Note: This is a complete best practices document for complete security in the event your destination medium goes down or is disconnected. The customer will always maintain 1 Full Backup and 12 differences. This is only a part of a three page document so please read all three to get a thorough understanding of your Backup Policies with Retention.
- In the above screenshots we have the advanced options that gives a different write mode.
- Append to media will give you a stand alone media file that will need to be managed with Backup Retention.
- The Backup mode in this example is set to back up the differences with Differential Backup.
- Finish with your settings that are appropriate for your specific Backup policy.
- You would click on schedule and choose the same scheduling policy for your differences jobs as above with the Full backup example following this link: http://support.novastor.com/customer/portal/articles/1295984-best-practices-full-backup