When restoring and SQL database, there are 2 options
- Restore to the Original Location
- Restore to an Alternate Location
1. Restore to the Original Location
If you choose to restore the the original location, you only need to ensure that the NovaBACKUP client is installed on the server, and that you are logged in with the appropriate permissions for SQL and Server administration.
- Launch the NovaBACKUP client
- Go to the Restore tab
- Navigate the tree and select the data to be restored.
- Click the [Settings] button to make any changes.
- Click [Restore].
2. Restore to an Alternate Location
Restoring to an alternate location will extract the SQL files into thier raw format. Once this is complete you will be able to take these files, save them on your sql server, and remount the database(s).