If you are trying to import or restore backed up data using older versions of the software, you may not be able to "see" the files in a more recent version of the NovBACKUP software.
- Prior to Version 10, the backed up data was stored in files with an extension of *.NB7.
- From version 10 and up, the files are stored as *.NBD.
You can import and restore data contained in NB7 files by changing the file extension from *.NB7 to *.NBD.
Once you have changed the file extension, you can import the data using a current version of NovaBACKUP client software:
- Open the NovaBACKUP software
- Switch to Advanced View
- Click on the Restore tab
- Click the [Import] button
- Navigate to the renamed *.NBD files and select the backup job you wish to import
- Click [OK]
Once the information is imported, you can select the data you wish to restore.