In the event you are experiencing issues that may be related to SQL, there is a way to set NovaBACKUP to ignore anything related to SQL on the client system.
Please keep in mind this should only be done for testing/troubleshooting.
- Close the NovaBACKUP client
- Go to Start > Run and type "services.msc"
- Scroll down until you see Novastor NovaBACKUP Backup/Copy Engine then click it to highlight
- Click the [Stop] button on the taskbar
- Navigate to the Nsdetect.ini file on the local hdd, and open the file.
Here is a link to the locations based on the OS: Where are the configuration files for NovaBACKUP located on my computer?
- Locate the line "sds.100=sql" and insert a semicolon (;) in front of the line. Comment any other lines that contain "sql" as well.
- Save & close the nsdetect.ini
- In the same directory, open nsconfig.ini
- If there is a [plugins] section, comment "AddSQLServer=" by inserting a semicolon (;) in front of the line if the line is present.
- Save and close the nsconfig.ini
- Restart the NovaBACKUP client.
Run your backup job to test this configuration.