In order to backup to an FTP location, you need to create an FTP Store in the "Devices" tab of the NovaBACKUP application.
- Please note that backing up to an FTP location simply performs a "put"(backup) of each file to the FTP store.
- The account used on the FTP server must be enabled with Read | Write | Delete permissions.
- Web-based FTP accounts will not work with NovaBACKUP. Please check with your FTP host to see if they permit direct FTP access.
Here are the steps to create the FTP Store:
- Open the NovaBACKUP client, click "Device" tab at the top.
- At the bottom of the "Device" tab, find the [Add] button and click it.
- Select "FTP Store" from the drop-down in the pop-up window, then click [OK].
Enter the information for the FTP location,
- You must specify a Backup Directory.
- This directory will be created by the NovaBACKUP client when the job runs.
- Enter the Username and password.
- Click [Check Credentials].
- If it passes the credential test, click [OK]
At this point you should be able to create your backup job, and select the FTP Store you created as the backup location.