Enabling debugging logs should only be performed for short periods of time to test and log specific scenarios, and ONLY at the recommendation of a NovaStor Support Engineer. If you leave debug logging enabled, it can quickly build very large log files, which if left unmanaged could compromise system integrity.
To enable the debugging logs in the NovaBACKUP client:
- Open the NovaBACKUP client
- Click on the [Home] tab
- On the left side, expand the "Settings" menu
- While depressing the right-side [ALT] key, click the Default Settings option. A settings window will open.
- Click on the [Debug] tab
- Select the specific logging you want to enable, and click [OK]
- Restart the service "NovaBACKUP Backup Copy Engine"
To review (or send) the detailed logging
- Follow the steps above to get to the [Debug] tab.
- Click on the [View Engine Syslog] button,and save the file.
- Click on the [View User Syslog] button and save the file.
- You can zip and send those files as necessary for analysis.
Make sure you disable debug logging once you have completed your testing.