In order to ensure NovaBACKUP is running with the proper credentials on your computer, please make sure that you configure the service to run as a local/domain administrator.
Follow the procedure below to do so:
- Close the Novabackup client software
- Go to Start > Run and type "services.msc"
- Scroll down until you see Novastor NovaBACKUP Backup/Copy Engine
- Right-click, select Properties
- Go to the Logon tab and click the radio button to re-assign a login user
- Browse to the Administrator account and select it (if you have a domain make sure to search within this).
- Click [Ok] until you're back at the log in tab
- Set the password and click [Apply].
- Restart the service once to confirm the credentials were entered correctly.
- Open NovaBackup and try the backup once again.