Direct Restore on v10.3 and later.
On XP and 2003, go to: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NovaStor\NovaBACKUP\Profiles\
On Vista, Win7, Win8, Win2008 and newer go to: C:\ProgramData\NovaStor\NovaStor NovaBACKUP\Profiles\
- Open file nsconfig.ini
- Find [configuration]
- Add this line under [configuration]
M:\test = is a temp location that all data from tape will be restored so you have to make sure you provide drive letter for hard drive that has plenty of space since it will try to restore all data.
nsconfig.ini should look like this:
- Save That file
- Start NovaBackup
- Go to Restore tab and select Import form your tape.
- Import will start running direct restore from tape to drive M:\test
- If you do not see new folder on your destination drive in 15-45 minuets then exit NovaBackup and end task to Nsservice.
- Put in other tape and start NovaBackup and run import again.
- If you want to change location again after modifying ini file end task to nsservice before running again.
- Once you are done remove "Drestore=M:\test" from the nsconfig.INI file.