If none of these help resolve the issue we recommend submitting a support ticket and including the event logs:
Please try the following before continuing:
- Reboot your machine before trying again
- Temporarily disable your Anti-virus and Firewall software
- You should open Task Manager and make sure the following processes are not running (End Task if they are) before running the setup file:
- drdiag.exe | nsCtrl.exe | NovaBackX.exe | nsService.exe
- Please make sure to open the downloaded setup file (usually in your Downloads folder) by utilizing Right-Click->Run as Administrator
Other Backup Software or Antivirus Software
Verify that no other Backup Software is running and that all Antivirus Software is removed or disabled during installation. Once installed, make sure you exclude NovaBACKUP and its files from your AntiVirus scanning engine.
Old NovaBACKUP Installations
Older copies of NovaBACKUP could still be installed on your system. Try removing the NovaBACKUP software, rebooting your computer, and then reinstalling.
NOTE: Make sure to clear the checkbox that asks: "Remove all logs and media indexes" in to keep your previous settings and history.
Corrupted Internet Explorer Settings
Older or corrupted configurations of Internet Explorer can cause Windows Installers to fail in specific situations. Try resetting the Internet Explorer Default Settings.
Clear Temporary Directory on Windows
Permissions issues with the Windows Temporary directory can cause issues with temporary installation files.The instructions below allow you to change the default temporary files directory:
- Right click on "My Computer" and choose Properties.
- Click on Advanced System Settings on the left navigation bar.
- Make sure you are on the Advanced tab, and click on the button [Environment Variables]
- Make a note of the current TEMP and TMP directories for use after the installation
- Select the TEMP variable, and click [Edit]
- Change the value to C:\TEMP and click [OK]
- Select the TMP variable, and click [Edit]
- Change the value to C:\TMP and click [OK]
- Open My Computer, go to your C:\ directory, and create new folders called TEMP and TMP
- Reboot your computer.
- Reinstall NovaBACKUP
Try a Commandline installation
If that does not work then attempt a command line installation of NovaBACKUP software via an Administrative Command Prompt:
On the same PC, start an Administrative Command Prompt by right-clicking on Command Prompt and do "Run as Administrator" on it and then issue this command after changing to the folder where the Setup program is located first and this example assumes your Setup program is named "Setup-NB-PC.exe", if your Setup program is named something different then make sure you take note of the file name for the Setup .exe program to change it in the first portion of the command line that you will be issuing to the Administrative Command Prompt below. The first line of this command assumes that your Setup-NB*.exe downloaded setup program, typically this would be located in your own user's Downloads folder, so the first command shows you how to change to your own user's Downloads folder:
After changing to the correct folder where NovaBACKUP's Setup-NB*.exe is located, then issue this command to start a silent installation:
Setup-NB-PC.exe /q /ComponentArgs "Backup Client":"/q /log c:\setuplog.txt"
Paste that entire command in directly, starting with "Setup-NB". Make sure to change the first "Setup-NB-PC.exe" part of that command to match the file name of the setup .exe installer that you downloaded so that the above command can work.
When that task runs you can see that it is running by looking at your Windows Task Manager and in the Processes or Details area look for "Setup-NB-*.exe" in the list of processes running and when it is done it will no longer list that processes as being active when it is done running.
Now look for the NovaBACKUP desktop shortcut to see if it was created after that install completed. If it is in fact listed then the software is installed.