Verify that no other Backup Software is running and that all Antivirus Software is removed or disabled during installation. Once installed, make sure you exclude NovaBACKUP and its files from your AntiVirus scanning engine.
Older copies of NovaBACKUP could still be installed on your system. Try removing the NovaBACKUP software, rebooting your computer, and then reinstalling
Older or corrupted configurations of Internet Explorer can cause Windows Installers to fail in specific situations. Try resetting the Internet Explorer Default Settings.
Corrupted or misconfigured installations of .NET 3.5 can cause installations to fail. Click here for instructions on how to repair .NET 3.5.
Permissions issues with the Windows Temporary directory can cause issues with temporary installation files.The instructions below allow you to change the default temporary files directory:
- Right click on "My Computer" and choose Properties.
- Click on Advanced System Settings on the left navigation bar.
- Make sure you are on the Advanced tab, and click on the button [Environment Variables]
- Make a note of the current TEMP and TMP directories for use after the installation
- Select the TEMP variable, and click [Edit]
- Change the value to C:\TEMP and click [OK]
- Select the TMP variable, and click [Edit]
- Change the value to C:\TMP and click [OK]
- Open My Computer, go to your C:\ directory, and create new folders called TEMP and TMP
- Reboot your computer.
- Reinstall NovaBACKUP