The operation failed. (Error=00000542) - Either a required impersonation level was not provided, or the provided impersonation level is invalid.
This 542 error appears when the credentials for accessing a specific resource do not match the local system account of the service, and there is no other authentication configured in the client application.
We suggest the following:
- Create a new Windows Administrator Account with user name like "NovaStor" and grant that user full admininistrative rights to Local Computer
- Set the Client to Run As the new user by default.
- Make sure the NovaBACKUP service (NovaBACKUP Backup/Copy Engine) is set to run as the Local System account.
2. Change the default settings
- From the Home tab, click on "Settings" on the left side,
- Go to Default Settings then go to the "Run As" tab.
- Select "Run as specific user" and provide the new user name and password that you created.
- Click OK, Exit NovaBackup and Restart NovaBackup Service.
- Then run the backup job and scheduler as the new user: "NovaStor"
3. Restarting the NovaBACKUP service
- Exit NovaBackup Program
- Select Run on the Windows Start menu.
- Type services.msc and select OK. This should open the Services window.
- Right-click on NovaStor NovaBackup Backup/Copy Engine in the list and select Properties.
- Select Stop. (wait For Service to Stop)
- Select Start. The Service Status should change to Started.
- Select OK to close the NovaStor NovaBackup Backup/Copy Engine Properties window.
- Start NovaBackup
Now All New Jobs that you create will have option set to run Backup as New User "NovaStor"