Due to changes in the Microsoft Exchange 2010 architecture, the restore process differs significantly from the process used below to restore the Exchange 2003 and 2007 data.
NOTE: For Microsoft Exchange 2010 please refer to the attached guide "Extracting Microsoft Exchange VDF File"
When selecting the Exchange stores, make sure you are selecting both First and Second Storage Groups.
Set the following values in the [Settings] of the Restore window:
- Restore ACL file permissions = Uncheck
- When restoring a file that already exisits on my computer = Overwrite existing files
Restore to = Restore file(s) to alternate location
- Enter a location that has enough space to receive the files.
- Select the Notification tab
- Log Creation Options = Detail
- Click [OK]
This article is currently being edited.