Setting up special access for use to monitor and manage backups for clients connected to your CMC takes just a few minutes of time and preparation.
You will need to:
- Create the groups for the agents.
- Define the Roles you will be assigning.
- Create user accounts to be given access to those roles and groups.
- Create a group for the agents (computers) to be assigned to.
- You can set up groups and sub-groups into any basic parent-child hierarchy.
- When the agent appears in the Pending group, assign the agent to appropriate group.
- Go to “Users and Roles”
- Click the Roles tab
- If the default roles are not enough, you can add more roles to suite your needs.
- Click Add New
- Assign permissions for the role
- *Note: If you enable “Access All Groups” in the role, any user assigned to that role will be able to view/administer ALL agents regardless of the group they are assigned.
- Click [OK] when finished
- Enabled (yes/no)
- User Name – the user name for this user
- Role – Select the role from the drop down
- Description – A summary of who/what this person is responsible for
- Email Address – For permitting password reset of this account
- Alert Range Days – The number of days to be used in the graphical reporting on the Dashboard
- Select the groups you would like this user to be able to administer
- Click [OK] when finished.