MSP Guide for restoring to new/alternate machine with S3 cloud account:
- First you are going to install the software which should be the latest 20.x
- You then are going to go into the portal and locate the new machine that now should be showing up in your Agents and Groups tab
- You will go into that agent and license it just like your previous installations with your Master License account (Legacy cloud storage account)
- Once this is licensed you are able to add yet another device which will be the S3 device
- You will add this S3 device just like you have done previously but choose the below options
- You are going to locate the exact same S3 cloud account as the account you are trying to restore from
- On the screen asking for device name, domain and machine name this is VERY important
You must make sure the device name is the exact same as it was previously. This is easily found in the portal of the old machine and devices tab.
The domain and machine name are that of the ORIGINAL machine that you are technically restoring data from
- 8. Once that is completed you are now ready to go back to the NovaBACKUP installation and open it up
9. You will go to the restore tab and locate your new device that you just added.
10. Click on this and then click on the Import button in the lower right hand corner
11. After selecting "Import", the "Select Device" window will open, and you should be able to choose the necessary device from the list of available options, in this case it is 100% that the device name that you select to import from in this selection dialog, matches the device name on the original source computer (where the backups were taken on). You will notice that the fields at the bottom will be greyed out when importing an S3 Storage Device.
12. After the import is finished you will see something similar to below. Just remember use the settings button to make sure and restore to alternate location.