There is currently an issue when attempting to install CMon 19.4 on Windows Server 2012 R2. This issue was caused by the Windows Cumulative Update for September 2019.
This error dialog will appear when installing CMon 19.4 if that is the case:
There is a workaround to get CMon to install if you get this error on Windows Server 2012 R2.
How to extract the contents of the setup installer and then manually run the extracted setup file:
- Start an Admin Command Prompt.
- Change to the folder where you have downloaded or copied the CMon installer to.
Use the appropriate filename for the Setup file you are installing with:
"Central Monitoring Console.exe" /ExtractCab
- The command will create a sub-folder named
- Via Windows Explorer, Double-click on
- Installing CMon this way will bypass the issue that September 2019 CU for Server 2012 R2 introduced.
Here are the commands to utilize in screenshot form, to follow:
If you do not know how to call executables from inside a command prompt, please submit a support ticket at https://novastor.com/ticket and mention this KB article specifically.