There are times when the current NovaBACKUP Schedule data file will become corrupt or unusable and thus causing the scheduler to not work in general, meaning you can run your backup jobs manually but just not on an automatic schedule. You can clean the schedule data file by removing a particular "Schedule" data folder from your C:\ drive to have it re-create itself from scratch as a new and empty Schedule file. You can then add your various jobs back in to the Schedule to fix that issue.
To rebuild the NovaBACKUP Schedule you can use the the following instructions:
- Exit out of NovaBACKUP software (NovaBackX.exe) from the exit menu.
Press [Ctrl], [Alt], and [Del] keys simultaneously to open the Task Manager window.
Select Show Processes from all users at the bottom of screen:
Exit out of the NovaBACKUP program. Verify the novaBackX.exe, nsService.exe, nsCtrl.exe, and drdiag.exe and processes are not active. Select each of them and select End Process / End Task if they are still active. It is required to stop or end the nsService.exe process on your system for the next step to work.
- Via Windows Explorer, delete the contents of the "Schedule" folder which NovaBACKUP utilizes to hold all of the information that you would see in the "Schedule" tab of the program. This Schedule data file will be located in the default location (if you have not changed the Temp folder path that NovaBACKUP uses) here:
- NOTE: If your NovaBACKUP "Temporary Files directory" setting, located in the Default Settings area, has been custom set to a different folder than the default folder then in addition to the above you will also have to delete two additional folders.
- Navigate to your custom temp directory, say C:\NovaTEMP, open the Data folder C:\NovaTEMP\Data\ and delete the entire "Schedule" folder there. This will be C:\NovaTEMP\Data\Schedule.
- The schedule folder and associated schedule data file will be rebuilt the next time NovaBACKUP loads as a new empty/blank schedule. To add your scheduled entries back in use the "Schedule" tab's [Add...] button at the bottom of the screen to re-add your existing jobs to the Schedule.
- Start up NovaBACKUP software and go to the "Schedule" tab and see if the schedule is clean and empty, with no jobs scheduled on it.
- Add your various scheduled backup jobs back in to the schedule by clicking on the "Add..." button at the bottom right hand side of the "Schedule" tab screen.
If that doesn't solve the Schedule related issue that you have, please completely uninstall and reinstall the NovaBACKUP software and try again:
How To Completely Uninstall NovaBACKUP PC, Server, or Business Essentials: