[Manual] E-mail Notification messages
E-mail Notification Messages
You wish to be informed by e-mail the moment a warning or a message regarding an error that occurred during a backup job is generated.
- In order to send e-mail messages from the backup server, you must configure the mail server (Configuring the Mail Server).
- The backup job must be assigned to a schedule (Creating schedule (example)).
Proceed as follows:
1. In the menu bar, click Configuration.
⇨ The Configuration dialog showing the Dashboard tab is opened. Select the messages (Messages) you wish to display on the dashboard, and also select whether they are to trigger notification by e-mail to a specific e-mail address.
2. To display a message on the dashboard, select Show ✔ and then select the time period for which the message is to be displayed.
3. To opt for notification by e-mail, select E-Mail notification ✔, for example for Error messages:
General information regarding the progress of the backup job.
Warnings regarding the progress of the backup job.
Message indicating that an error occurred in the backup job.
1. Save the settings by clicking [Save].
⇨ The type of messages displayed on the dashboard, the time for which they are displayed and the settings for notifications by e-mail are now defined.
These settings apply to all jobs.
If you have opted for notification by e-mail, you must now enter a valid e-mail address to which these notifications are to be sent.
Entering e-mail address
The e-mail address is user-specific.
1. Go to System > User Management.
2. If you have not already set up a user account, enter a user name and a password and activate the new user settings.
3. Click [Edit] in Groups to assign the user to a group:
4. In the Additional section, click the Email input field and enter the e-mail address to which the messages and reports are to be sent.
5. Save the settings by clicking [OK].
If one of the configured message types occurs during a backup job, you will be notified with a message to the entered e-mail address.
[Manual] Configuration Manager - Mail Server