NovaBACKUP Cloud/ xSP / Remote Workforce
Sometimes the backup job does not restore because the backup itself simply fails.
This is a guide for use to help the client and server to recheck what is needed and what isn't.
Process to "clear" the xSP cache (.APF files):
- First you will start the NovaBackup Client and navigate to the Device tab. Double-click on the device that you are using (xSP device) to adjust the Properties for the device.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab.
- Click [Empty Folder] to empty the information in the temporary folder specified.
- To make sure that the temporary file is cleared, restart "Novastor NovaBackup Backup/Copy Engine" in services.msc.
- On your server open the Backup Directory specified in the account settings in the Configuration Manager for the User account you need to reset the cache for.
- Proceed to the user data directory, rename the file cache.apf to old_cache.apf.
- After the completion of the renaming task, you would run the backup again. (This will recheck the old files against the new file).