Last Updated: December 16, 2021 6:52PM CET
Creation of Cloud Storage Accounts for NovaBACKUP
- If an existing NovaBACKUP installation is on the machine uninstall this first
- Make sure on the last step of uninstall there is a checkbox that says removes indexes and logs. UNCHECK that.
- You then want to go to your CMon https://portal.online-backup.com
- Your login is always your email and whatever password you chose.
- You will go to Cloud Storage Accounts at the top and choose to create a new cloud storage account
- If this is your first time it will put you in a creation wizard where it asks you for username and password right away
- VERY IMPORTANT to remember the password as there is no back door to any data
- You now can proceed with installation of the software.
- Typical installation is normally best for 99% of installations
- You will notice on first launch of the software it will present you with a CMon login.
- Remember any time there is a CMon login its always your email address and your password
- Once you put your credentials in and hit Next it will present you with a list of your current Cloud Storage Accounts
- Pick the account that you want to associate with the installation by clicking Connect
- It will prompt you for a password which is the password of the cloud storage account you setup
- Once you enter that and click next it should bring down a license and also add a device
- You will have to close the software down and open it back up for the license to take effect
- At this point you are ready to start setting up jobs.
- NOTE: You may now check you CMon portal and on the Agents and Groups tab you should see this installation/agent which is portrayed as the computer name.
Adding multiple backup clients in NovaBACKUP (Backup server has aborted the backup)
This can occur for a couple of reasons:
1. You are sharing your cloud storage account with multiple installations.
2. You are backing up a machine and also backing up a network location/mapped drive, which will require another computer added to the account as it has its own UNC path. If that is the case, you can go to your portal and click on "Cloud Storage Accounts"
Then double-click on the account you would like to change, and select the "Edit" option.
On the next screen, you want to navigate down to the "Number of Computers" section, and change the number to "2" (or more) depending on your client setup.